Think of the Tennessee Aquarium not just as a field trip, but as an extension of your classroom with world class exhibits and standards-based educational opportunities. To qualify for School Group prices and programs, the group must be from a public or private school and consist of at least 10 students from grades pre-K - 12.
FIELD TRIP TIPS:
- The Tennessee Aquarium opens at 10:00 a.m. and operates on Eastern Time.
- Tour time usually runs about 2.5 hours: 1 hour for the Ocean Journey building and 1.5 hours for the River Journey building. Click here for example itineraries.
- Free Educational Programs are offered to school groups visiting the Tennessee Aquarium, IMAX Theater or River Gorge Explorer. Ask about them when you make your reservation.
- Box lunches are available for purchase ($5 each with advance reservation) during an IMAX film, a free Lunch & Learn program or to enjoy as a picnic on the plaza.
- IMAX films start on the hour and last 45 minutes. Click here for your current IMAX movie schedule and to download a free Educator’s Resource Guide.
- You need to arrive 15-30 minutes prior to the start of your designated Aquarium entry time or IMAX film. Late entry into the IMAX Theater cannot be permitted for large groups.
- We recommend scheduling your visit during the months of September through March. April and May have high numbers of group and individual visitors.
- Click here to find out how your band or choir can perform at the Aquarium on your next visit.
SCHOOL GROUP PRICES
Support from Business Partners, such as Unum, Contributing Members and other generous donors make this
program possible. Click here
to make a donation to support this important program.