The Tennessee Aquarium is committed to creating a positive, challenging and rewarding work environment. We are an equal employment opportunity employer and strive for diversity in all jobs and at all levels in the organization. Our policy is to accept applications only for specific job vacancies as posted. Postings are listed below. All applications and resumes are maintained on file for one year.
|Apply in person: |
IMAX 3D Theater Center
201 Chestnut Street
Chattanooga, TN 37402
Monday – Friday
9 a.m. - noon &
1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
|You may also fax or mail a copy of your resume along with a completed application stating the position you are applying for to: |
Attn: Leah Wilson
P.O. Box 11048
Chattanooga, TN 37401-2048
Fax: (423)756-1849 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no full-time positions open at this time.
PART-TIME / SEASONAL:
Food & Beverage Associate
Responsible for top quality food service coupled with a friendly smile and world class customer service. Assist with operation of Aquarium and IMAX Concessions. Also, assist with Aquarium and IMAX Special Events. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ensure total guest satisfaction within Food & Beverage operations.
- Deliver products in a timely fashion, while exceeding environmental health standards.
- Handle guests problems/complaints effectively.
- Operate cash registers and register systems while consistently maintaining cash control policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively with guests, staff and management.
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe working environment.
- Perform duties in a small work area with multiple people for a prolonged period of time.
- Flow between individual job functions seamlessly.
- Assist Manager and Leads with essential department functions as needed.
- Have a working knowledge of Aquarium exhibits and IMAX film content and schedule.
- Adhere to the core values and service standards set forth by the Aquarium.
- Excellent Customer Service/ Communication Skills
- Positive Attitude
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Strong multitasking ability
- Attention to detail
- Good humored and hard working
- Previous experience with a Point-of-Sales system
- Experience handling money
- Normal working environment
- Some wet conditions
- Possible hot or cold conditions
- Part-time; Hourly