The Tennessee Aquarium is committed to creating a positive, challenging and rewarding work environment. We are an equal employment opportunity employer and strive for diversity in all jobs and at all levels in the organization. Our policy is to accept applications only for specific job vacancies as posted. Postings are listed below or you may call our job line at 423-785-4190. All applications and resumes are maintained on file for one year.
|Apply in person: |
IMAX 3D Theater Center
201 Chestnut Street
Chattanooga, TN 37402
Monday – Friday, 9:00am - noon and 1:30pm - 4:30pm
|You may also fax or mail a copy of your resume along with a completed application stating the position you are applying for to: |
Attn: Leah Wilson
P.O. Box 11048
Chattanooga, TN 37401-2048
Director of Development
The Director of Development is responsible for overseeing the Aquarium’s efforts to secure philanthropic funding and for coordinating the operation of the Development and Membership Departments. This person must have a working knowledge of all areas of development and membership support. He/she must be able to represent the Aquarium’s interests internally and within the community and assist the Board of Trustees and the President in successful fundraising. He or she supervises the coordination of donor events, the gift acknowledgement process, ongoing contact with donors and members, the maintenance of the member database, and the Aquarium’s planned giving program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Establish annual Development and Membership department goals and objectives.
2. Set budgets for both departments and perform other duties associated with their financial management.
3. Generate revenue that meets specific annual targets.
4. Research and identify prospects for donations, grants and other philanthropic giving.
5. Manage annual, capital and other fundraising campaigns.
6. Produce printed materials to support fundraising goals.
7. Manage and grow the Aquarium’s planned giving program.
8. Provide reports on development and membership activities to the President.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serve on appropriate Aquarium-related cross-functional teams .
2. Attend various community events, luncheons, etc. as Aquarium representative.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Direct solicitation and fundraising experience
• Good judgment, tact and diplomacy, as well as strategy, planning, assessment and evaluation skills.
• Ability to work with people in all segments of the community
• Working knowledge of grantwriting and granting agencies relevant to Aquarium’s mission
• Ability to supervise effectively
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to effectively represent the Aquarium to potential donors
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Strong oral and written communication capabilities
• Baccalaureate degree
• Development experience
Supervises: Development staff and Membership Staff
There are no part-time positions available at this time.