Penguins Rock Cam
Did you know?
Penguins' Rock Live Cam
The Tennessee Aquarium’s gentoo and macaroni penguins are busy birds. Throughout the day, and sometimes through the night, these captivating birds are diving into, and rocketing out of, the water. Check in on their playful antics any time you could use a little “penguin break.” Join our expert aviculturists for daily keeper talks in the Penguins’ Rock exhibit. You’ll be amazed to learn about their physical adaptations which allow them to survive the harsh climate of the sub-Antarctic region. They also have a fascinating life cycle. Throughout the year, you’ll witness courtship, nest building, rearing young and molting at the Aquarium.
Go to http://Broadcast.TNAqua.org/PenguinCAM.asx if the media player doesn't start.
- Gentoo and macaroni penguins live on the Antarctic Peninsula and sub-Antarctic islands surrounding Antarctica.
- Gentoo and macaroni penguins build nests out of angular rocks.
- Gentoo penguins are the 3rd largest penguins in the world. Only emperor and king penguins are larger.
- Macaroni penguins are the largest of the crested penguin species.
- The Antarctic Peninsula is the most rapidly warming location on Earth.
- Adelie penguin populations are suffering rapid declines. Researchers believe climate change is the cause.
- Scientists have discovered compounds that fight flu viruses and the most deadly form of skin cancer within Antarctic species.
- Warming temperatures may threaten species that depend on very constant, very cold conditions.
SHOWTIMES FOR BIRD SHOWS, DIVE SHOWS AND PENGUIN KEEPER TALKS: Ranger Rick's Backyard Safari in River Journey
Daily at 10:45 am, 11 am, 12:30 pm, 12:45 pm, 2:00 pm and 2:15 pm
You’ll meet fantastic animals such as red-fronted macaws, a possum, eagle owl or groundhog. Stop by for additional animal action on weekends from 10:30 am to 3:30 pm In addition to the special main stage shows, you’ll meet a variety of amazing critters presented by Aquarium staff during up-close animal encounter programs. Secret Reef Exhibit in Ocean Journey
Daily at 11:00 am, 11:30 am, 2:00 and 2:30 pm
Ask our scuba divers questions during special dive shows Penguins’ Rock in Ocean Journey
Monday through Friday at 10:30 am and 1:45 pm
Quiz our experts while they are feeding our gentoo and macaroni penguins. Secret Reef Exhibit in Ocean Journey
Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 3:15 pm
Check out the big, toothy sharks and colorful fish during feeding time.. Lake Nickajack Exhibit in River Journey
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 2:00 pm
Enjoy SCUBA divers feeding paddlefish, sturgeon and gnarly gar. River Giants Exhibit in River Journey
Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays at 2:00 pm
SCUBA divers hand feed wallago and redtail catfish while giant Australian whiptail stingrays feast in front of guests.
The Penguins' Rock web cam is made possible in part by a generous contribution from the AT&T Foundation.