Tennessee Aquarium Backstage Pass
NOTE: We will not be offering the Backstage Pass March 7 - April 20 due to our Keeper Kids Spring Break promotion. Please check our Keeper Kids schedule to explore behind the scenes, meet penguin experts, feed animals, get up close to baby seahorses and jellies or learn what it takes to care for giant freshwater fish and toothy sharks. Keeper Kids activities are for children ages 6 and up. Kids may choose two of the 16 different activities offered throughout the day. Each program lasts approximately 15 to 20 minutes. FREE with admission.
The Tennessee Aquarium’s Backstage Pass gives you VIP access to get up-close and touch and feed Aquarium animals. Put yourself in the boots of one of the Aquarium’s animal keepers with a Backstage Pass.
Each of the two 45-minute Backstage Pass options will take you on a guided animal engaging experience to areas only accessed by our keepers. Get up-close and personal with the Aquarium’s most amazing animals. Choose from one of the tours below. Advanced reservations save money and are recommended. Book Online or call (800) 262 0695 to book your Backstage Pass today.
SAVE $3 PER PERSON ON EACH BACKSTAGE PASS when booking
an AQUARIUM COMBO/Backstage pass IN ADVANCE
- $12 Member Backstage Pass
- $36.95 Adult Backstage Pass and Aquarium Combo Ticket with Advance Reservation ($39.95 at ticketing center)
- $26.95 Ages 6-12 Backstage Pass and Aquarium Combo Ticket with Advance Reservation ($29.95 at ticketing center)
Discounts available for Groups of 10+ call (800) 262 0695.
Due to safety concerns, children under age 6 are not permitted.
11:00 AM TOUR — Backstage Pass: River Journey Building
Meet at River Journey membership desk
- See how our “chefs” prepare diets for fish, reptiles, amphibians, birds and mammals in the food prep area.
- Explore the Keepers Only area above the River Giants exhibit.
- Tour a baby animal nursery in the Q-room and see young animals and fish waiting to go out on exhibit.
- View enormous pumps and filters that circulate crystal clear water throughout the River Journey Building.
- Get up close and personal during a fun and educational animal encounter.
2:30 PM TOUR — Backstage Pass: Ocean Journey Building
Meet in Ocean Journey Lobby
- Go above the penguin exhibit for a “bird’s eye view” of our Gentoo and Macaroni penguins.
- Stop above the Secret Reef exhibit and chat with scuba divers coming out of the shark tank.
- Watch and help the aquarists as approximately 3,500 fish get fed in our largest exhibit.
- Get up close and personal during an encounter with an animal that is not on exhibit.
NOTE: The Ocean Journey Backstage Pass is not handicap accessible due to steps leading up to the "catwalk" overlook the Penguins' Rock exhibit.