Media Visit Request
If you are a member of the press working on assignment, please contact the communications department at 423-785-3007 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit, set up interviews and/or receive press materials. Please allow at least two days of lead time prior to your planned visit. We do everything we can to accommodate requests of all media on assignment, but appreciate time to plan.
- We may request contact information for your assignment editor or news director.
- If you are a freelance writer, please be prepared to supply tear sheets of your published work at the time of your request.
- Please have your press card with you when you arrive, and plan to leave a business card with the admissions staff when you receive your ticket.
We have a limited number of tickets we may distribute under special circumstances to bona fide members of the press who are not working on assignment. Requests for these passes will be considered individually, and are granted at the discretion of the media relations team. Requests must be made through the media relations team at least four days prior to your visit. Aquarium ticketing procedures prevent us from providing tickets without prior arrangement.
- Complimentary passes are limited to two passes per request. If you have additional people in your party, you may purchase tickets upon arrival or online.
- We will only honor one request from any member of the media per year.
- Passes are for timed entry; we need to know which day and what time you will arrive. If you arrive late, and the Aquarium is busy, you may forfeit your tickets.
- Complimentary passes are limited to entries before 11 a.m. and after 4 p.m. on busy days, including holidays, and Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- Passes may not be available on particularly busy days, such as holidays.
- Passes are not available without prior arrangement at least four days in advance.
- Requesting passes through email or voicemail does not guarantee they will be granted. You must seek express verbal or email confirmation from a member of the media relations team to confirm the tickets will be waiting for you.
Photo and Video Guidelines
All aquarium visitors can take photos and video for their private, personal use only. Taking photos or video, including for stock images and other commercial purposes, is prohibited unless authorized in advance by the communications department. There are also some restrictions on use of tripods and supplemental lighting. Please contact the communications department at 423-785-3007 or email email@example.com to make arrangements.
Contacting Public Relations
We return all calls and email messages promptly, especially if you're on a deadline or have an urgent request. Please contact the communications department at 423-785-3007 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.